Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tag: I'm It

Wow, it has been a while since I posted huh? Shame on me...no lashings, please =) I beat myself up enough on my own.. he he!!

Todays post was inspired by me being tagged. Let me tell you, there are some amazing bloggers out there and I just happened to be tagged by two of them: Andy Bilodeau and Jeff "Zemote" O'Hara.

What does it mean to be tagged you ask? Well, you have bloggers that come up with ideas on a blog topic, write up theirs and then "tag" others for them to blog about the very same topic. In this case, the topic is 8 Random Things about Me. So, I write a blog post including 8 things that people probably do not know about me and then I choose different bloggers and they do the same thing (hopefully)! Its a great way to have fun and learn about your fellow bloggers and of course it gives you a reason to post!!!

Apparently this one is called a Meme...and honestly I have no idea why or what the meaning is behind it, so I have my own interpretation..."me me"..yes..its all about ME =) There..simple..easy..and without further a due..here are 8 things you probably do not know about me...

1.) Beginning in kindergarten, I went to a new school every year up until the fourth grade! At that point I stayed in the same school until the seventh grade, moved once more and stayed put. I made my parents sign a contract not to move again until I was out of school!! Note to parents: Moving kids like that is rough on them...!

2.) I was recently inducted to a new adventure called Second Life and upon first glance I thought, "no way was this going to be me". However, all the talk and gossip had me interested so I tried it once more. Now, I pray my husband won't divorce me because I spend too much time there...LOL!

3.) This one is a shocker, but still true. When I was in second grade I had these babysitters that lived just across the road from me who got me to smoke. YIPES! I was a smokin' second grader for about a month and then just quit. I have never touched a cigarette since. My parents never knew until I told them when I was 21. They still don't believe me.

4.) I have 4 tattoos. The first one I got is a butterfly on the small of my back. There is no real meaning for it other than it was my first and I chose a butterfly because they are beautiful. My second is on the top of my right foot: a tree frog with a Kanji symbol of friendship. My best friend and I went together. My third is my largest and has the most meaning. This is on my left arm from my shoulder to almost my elbow. I had this done to represent myself and my daughter. The fairy is my daughter with her arms open ready to fly. She is getting so big and this reminds me that I have to let her fly on her own sometimes, even at 9. My fourth one is one that I went along with my brother to get. My brother and I went through some really trying things growing up and we wanted something to represent our trials and our success. The Kanji symbol is for strength, and we both have that on the inside of our right wrist. I chose cherry blossoms and he chose a blue flame. This one is VERY important to me.

5.) I met my husband when I was 19 working in retail. He was a store manager and I was a head cashier. Relationships with management was basically forbidden. He walked me out to my car one dark winter night and helped me scrape the snow off my car and we instantly clicked. We started secretly dating (lets see...this was November 1995) and by January of 1996 I had moved in with him. The company found out and he was moved to a different store (without demotion, thankfully). In March of 1996 he proposed and of course I said yes and we were married in June 1997 and happily married ever since.

6.) I cry while watching almost EVERY movie! Yeah, I am really, THAT much of a sap!!!

7.) The thing that I want to do most right now...I want to go to Australia and dive in the reefs and enjoy all of its breath taking beauty and wonder.

8.) I am terrified of spiders. Any and all. Big or small. Fat or skinny. I am a Harry Potter freak but I cannot watch the spiders in the woods part...I will have nightmares for weeks!

Wow..that only took me forever to do, huh? YIPES! So now for the good part..I get to tag eight more people to join in the fun and I hope that I don't tag anyone that has been before. If I do, I apologize, just know that I truly love your blog and that is why I tagged you!! =)

I hereby tag the following amazing bloggers:

1. Foul Bastard - because you are just too damned sweet to me =)

2. Techipedia - because I learn something new every time I read your blog.

3. So Damn Charming - becuase you are just so damned charming!!
4. Adventures in Earth and Space - Wow!! Amazing stuff here!!

5. Genuine - Your posts always make me laugh..especially the Hakuna Matata one!!
6. It's Just a Wiggly Way of Looking at It - because you are the sweetest person I know and i am truly lucky to have met you!

7. Castle Shima - because you always make me smile!

Well, that is me in a nutshell..kind of =) Lots more to me than that, but, at this time, this is what I am willing to openly share.

Until we meet again.....keep smiling =)

No comments: