Monday, March 10, 2008

No Offense!?

I had went shopping this weekend and was excited about a few things that I purchased. One being a new game for the Xbox 360, called F.E.A.R. Files. I recently learned of a sequel that is coming out for this called Project Origin so I figured I had better start with the original, even though you really don't have to. Project Origin is not available yet and I am not so patient, and this way I can at least see if I like it. Watching the walk through for Project Origin is a riot though, and I am pretty sure I will be getting that too. Okay, so this isn't your typical girly girl game, but you gotta have something to play to take your aggressions out on, right? **NOTE: Not recommended for children to watch..lol.


So anyways, I got a bit off track. I wanted to play MY game yet my kids wanted to play THEIR game. Boo Hoo..lol. But I give in because the grovel so well. They wanted to play Scene It? so we played for about an hour and a half. We were just about done and the following took place.


  • Bug (he's 6) goes, "Mom how come you know so many of these answers?".
  • Before I could answer, my daughter (she's nearly 10) chimes in....
  • First she looks at me and says, "No offense, Mom!" holding up her hand at me like she is saying "stop".
  • Then she looks at Bug and says, "shes old, so she knows a lot more stuff!"

WHAT??? I had to laugh, just at the presentation of her answer. How cute is that? I am only 31 and by no means "old" by my standards, but to think that she thinks I am, makes me laugh. It makes me remember back when my grandmother used to say she was old (mind you, she was 50 something at the time) and I would say back to her, "Grandma, your not old till you turn 100." I also remember thinking she was right, but I was too nice to tell her that. I have a lot to teach my daughter. Giggles....


So after a chuckle, I will leave you with a bit of a serious quote that was emailed to me at work today. Ironic, actually.


"Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place."
Abigail Van Buren


~~~Au revoir, mes chéris~~~


funny-pictures-bunny-porcupine-flavor.jpg

Proper Credits

No comments: