Friday, February 27, 2009

Koyaanisqatsi

I just finished reading Dan Brown's book called Angels & Demons. I knew he wrote The Da Vinci Code, which I haven't read, but the movie was fantastic and I had been told that Angels & Demons was equally as good, if not better. Then I saw that the movie will be coming out on May 15th and labeled it as a must read.

When I picked up this book, it captured my attention immediately. So much that upon first opening the cover, I read non-stop until I was a third of the way through the book! I don't remember the last book that held my attention so fast and hard that I didn't want to put the book down, not even to powder my nose..heh!

Dan Brown captures your interest from the Prologue! He baits you and reels you in page by page. He makes you use your brain. You roll the information around and around coming to your own conclusions only to find you were wrong, over and over, and then ultimately you realize you were right the first time. Then there are times that you just stare at the pages and say "What?!" in total disbelief.

This book takes you on one hell of a "realistic" adventure all the while giving you a look into history. His research is brilliant and his attention to detail impeccable. There were many times that I had to remind myself to keep breathing because it was so fast paced and exciting. That, and forcing myself to go to bed instead of reading into the wee hours of the morning! Some say sleep is good for you. I tend to disagree sometimes :)

I have a feeling that Dan Brown will be a favorite author for a long time to come. I plan on reading The Da Vinci Code soon and I also just ordered Deception Point. I have an inclination I won't be disappointed in either!

I encourage you to pick up this book. I am quite sure it will not take you very long to read it in its entirety! Trust me :)

Oh, in case you were wondering, Koyaanisqatsi means "Life out of Balance" in the Hopi language. It is a term used in the book, just once, and it just struck me. Is our life ever truly "in balance"? Probably not. That is what makes it so interesting.

No comments: