Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Twitter

I was sitting here tonight pondering what I could blog about while I was twittering with some of my friends and I thought, why not. Blog about Twitter.com.

Twitter. Twitter. Twitter. What can one say about Twitter?

When I first signed up to Twitter (back in April 2007) I honestly had no intention of keeping up with it. I saw it as a waste of time and just plain utter non-sense. Why on earth would I want to keep track of my day let alone tell anyone else what I was doing. Secondly, who on earth would want to know what I do all day? Curiosity got the best of me, as it usually does, and I took the plunge. I was going through a really tough time at that moment so I used it, at first, as an outlet of what I was feeling at that moment. I came up with the handle AngelEyes and gave no clues as to who I "really" was, so it was no harm no foul. I could be anybody I wanted to be and no one would be the wiser, OR I could be completely open and honest with out the pain of being judged.

What happened with in the next month was completely and utterly unexpected. I started adding a few people that peaked my interest and low and behold, others started adding me. Of course, you get the ones who only want to rack up the numbers so they look important, but I also had requests from genuine people. As I started chatting with my "friends", I learned more and more about them and I even began to open up a bit. I found it absolutely amazing that people that I did not know from a stranger on the street, reached out to me, held my hand (so to speak), befriended me in times of need. How could this possibly be? It was at that moment, I knew that this was not just another social gathering place.

Having been on Twitter now for three months (and now using my real name of KarrieLyne), I have made some amazing friends, including one whom I consider my best friend. I have met people that are true and real and are willing to be there for you in good times and bad times. I have friends that are just plain silly, there is no other way to describe these friends. They make me laugh and sometimes cry (from laughing so hard). I have, what we call, "geeks" as friends and man o man are they handy to have around!! They have taught me many a good tricks that I never would have imagined I would have learned. I have my fellow knitter friends who got me motivated to pick up my needles again and are always there for me to ask 20 questions. Some of my friends fall into more than one of these situations and some fall into every one! Who knew? Something as simple as Twitter, that I could gain all this and more?

I have tried and tried to explain Twitter to many a folk and all I receive in return is that blank stare with glazed over eyes. I can be sitting on the couch "twittering" and will just bust out laughing and my husband will ask me what is so funny. I go over the dialog with him and laugh all over again and he just looks at me like I am crazy. I think the only way that you can get the full understanding of Twitter, is to try it. Give it a go. If you don't like it, you can delete your account and if you love it, you can meet some extraordinary people, like I have. So, what are you waiting for? Click HERE to get started on Twitter.

To sum it all up....

My Twitter friends ROCK!! A huge THANK YOU goes out to each and every one of my Twitter buddies and a huge hug as well!! Where would I be with out all of you?

No comments: