Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas - A Day Late

Well they do say "better late than never", hm? I'm only a day late..hehe! So MERRY CHRISTMAS!! I hope all of you had a fabulous Christmas (if you celebrate), and if not, I hope you had a fantastic day! :)

I had a really good Christmas except for the fact that I was so sick on Christmas Eve I didn't get to go to dinner. Thankfully on Christmas I felt much better, or at least well enough to function.

I can without a doubt say this will be one of the most memorable Christmas' ever, for a few reasons. One of which I will tell you about.

My Sister in Law and her husband came over for breakfast on Christmas morn. They also have a little girl who just turned one in November. I'm sure you've heard me talk about her....hehe! She was the one who made me an Aunt for the first time and I was so excited and I love that little girl with all my heart!

So I was in the kitchen making french toast and they had been sleeping downstairs and were just waking up so I hadn't seen her yet that morning. Her mom brought her to the doorway near the kitchen and set her down and she toddled into the kitchen. Of course I was elated to see her so I got all excited and said "good morning Maddie!!". She grinned from ear to ear at me. I happened to notice that she was wearing a t-shirt over her pajamas and didn't really think about it and went back to flipping the french toast. I looked back over to her and actually read her shirt which said "Big Sister". Mind you, she is an only child so I said, "Maddie, you're not a big sister, why are you......SHUT UP!!!!" (yes, I screamed "shut up!"...LOL) I don't remember how I got over to my Sister In Law but I was hugging her tight and crying because it had just clicked in as to why she was wearing a big sister t-shirt. It was because mom was preggo again!! Eeeeeppppssss! OMG I cannot even explain how excited I was, and still am. It was the best Christmas surprise by far! Of course mom was happy about my reaction as they had did the same thing at dinner Christmas Eve and it was barely noticed. I think I made up for their excitement too...*giggles*!

This is Maddie in her cute little jammies and t-shirt. Poor thing still looks tired...lol. I couldn't get her to smile for me but she is still a little angel!

1 comment:

CarneyFarm said...

Oh thats a great story and such a clever surprise!!!!

I love it ....And Congrats to the whole family

(((Hugs)))