Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Reflections

Another year gone and another chapter in the book of life is closed. Didn't I just write a post about closing out a year? Every year that goes by seems to move faster and faster and time just slips away from me.

Looking in the mirror and reflecting on the past year, I haven't done anything phenomenonal but I'm not unhappy with the year either. I'm still smiling and laughing, perhaps even grew a few more laugh lines along the way. Some say they wished they didn't have them as they see them as wrinkles and a sign of aging. I see them as charachter that comes with age showing a lifetime of love and laughter. I'm not saying I haven't endured any pain through out the year, although, I wish I could. Thankfully I have escaped tragedy this year and I've even met a few more great friends. All in all, 2008 wasn't all that bad.

Tomorrow begins with a blank page and a fresh start for new goals and life in general. Let yesterday be yesterday and look forward along the path ahead of you. Don't always take the path that people expect you to follow. Take risks and try new things. Be brave, keep your chin up, and put on your knee and elbow pads during the rocky moments. Stand up and face your fears. Don't hide under the bed, because those monsters are just as scared of you as you are of them. Stay true to yourself and be who you want to be, not who someone else wants or thinks you should be. Most importantly, be happy, smile often, laugh out loud, and love with all your heart.

It's almost time to close the door....don't forget to turn out the light when you go....

No comments: