Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hoppy Easter :)

Today was a really quiet day for the most part. We didn't have anything extravagent going on so it was mostly a relaxing day.

Quiet days are nice as I get a chance to do a few things that I don't always get the chance to do. One of those things is my paper crafting/card making. I used to religiously work on cards and new things and then a couple years ago during the winter, a pipe burst. Just so happened that it was in my craft room :( What a mess that created. Everything had to be moved out of the room, the carpets were soaked so they had to come in and vacuum out all the water and clean the carpet. The drywall where the pipe burst was also soaked so that had to come down to repair the pipe and then the remainder of the wet drywall came down too. After the pipe was fixed, the room remained a mess until I could get it repaired. A few months ago it was repaired but still a mess because I had to put everything back. I did that a few weekends ago and have slowly been getting back into the groove. I seem to have lost some of my mojo though... *sigh*.

So I was puttering around in my room trying to come up with something cute for a friends birthday at work. This is what I came up with for her, and then a couple others too :) It's a rough start, but a start at least....

I just love this set of stamps!! Turtles are my favourite (which by the way, they don't make enough turtle stamps for me..heh) but this little Owl may be my second favourite :) They came from THIS store. I know you can't tell but these little guys are raised up with pop dots so in person it is 3 dimensional. I hope she likes it!
This sweet little girl came to me all the way from Scotland from a store called Funky Kits! I just loves her and she is so fun to color with Copics!!

Let's see, this one was just a girly girl card that I thought would be cute. It's hard to see but the white background is embossed and the image is raised up with pop dots.

I used to keep a separate blog for my cards. I have to decide if I want to keep up two or not. I may have to just to keep things separate, though. Anyways, I just thought I would share :)

Happy Easter!!


No comments: