Saturday, October 6, 2007

How sweet it is....

The perfect title for a blog post just happens to be the title of my blog. Ironic. This post is dedicated to one of my best friends that I cannot imagine living a day without!! Our entire relationship, I guess you could say, is ironic. Everything about her, about us, is. However, that is exactly what makes it so special. I can only hope, that each and everyone one of you either does, or will have, someone like her in your life because it make life that much better!!

Let me take a few steps back and tell you how we met.

Twitter is where it all started. What is Twitter, you ask? Well look HERE and it might help. I had been on Twitter since April of 2007 and had met many many friends and sometime in July (I think) was when a friend of mine posted to the public to add her as a friend "because she was really cool". Well, who was I to say no to a recommendation from such a good friend? So, click click, she was added and hellos were said. We clicked pretty much from the get go and soon after that I ventured into Second Life (that's a blog post in itself)! My first night there she said hello to me via an IM and I was struggling....with my hair...yes, my hair! I had some how detached it from my head and attached it to my ear (and I know if you have no clue what SL is, you are really confused, but keep reading, it gets better). Well, she came to my rescue along with another twitter friend and helped me get my hair back in the right place. LOL. That night will always make me laugh when I think of it because I asked her the silliest question about a man being a woman. We both laugh at that now because this person is DEFINITELY a man..giggles! I know, you're still confused, but she won't be, and this post is really for her, so as long as she gets it, that is all that matters today.

So after our rendezvous in Second Life we talked more and more on Twitter and started to get all these ideas of jumping into huge vats of Jello, pudding, whip cream (hehe..yeah, I said cream..giggles....), chocolate, and on and on. It became a morning ritual for a while. We'd take our daily dive, giggle and laugh, and come up with new ideas for the next day and go on about our day having a great time! What is funny, is that I cannot put my finger on the day or even close to the day we became such great friends. It was like it just happened, like we had been close forever. That there really was never "a day" that we clicked, but more, that we had always clicked. One day, someone out of the blue made a comment about us being "twins" and from that day on, that is exactly what we are. We are not twins biologically, of course, but we are twins of the heart. I truly believe that somehow, someway, we share the same heart. There is just no other explanation for it. We do the same things, we share the same emotions, we think the same things...only to name a few. It's one of those things that you know you feel it, but it is so hard to try and explain. It just is.

She is amazing to me!

**here is where I need to pause and grab my box of Kleenex**

Without her, I really don't know where I would be today. She has helped me thorough some tough times, pulled me out of a few ruts, made me laugh. She has cried with me as I have cried with her. She has been by my side no matter how crazy I got, and things got really crazy let me tell you, and I am sure its not over. To know someone like her.....is a privilege, but to actually have her in my life as my friend, as my sister, is a true blessing. I am a better person for knowing her. I am a stronger person for knowing her. I am a happier person for knowing her. All of this, and we have never even met in person. I can only imagine what that day will be like when I can give her the biggest, bestest, sisterly hug ever!!!! The day before, we are both going to take out stock on Kleenex and mascara =)

No matter how crazy life gets, no matter how much pain we go through, I know that there will always be one constant in my life. That there will always be this one person by my side no matter how many mile separate us (and there are A LOT of miles between us). That person is my Little Twin, my sister, my friend, my confidante, my heart! It's to this person that I write this post, even though she already knows all of this.

I just want to say thank you! Thank you for being there for me, through thick and thin, thank you for never letting go. Thank you for keeping your faith in me when I didn't have faith in myself. Thank you for telling me how it is sometimes, even if you knew that was not what I wanted to hear. Thank you for being open and honest and sharing your life with me. You are the truest of friends, my sister!! I love you so much!

No comments: