Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow, You Say?

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." ~John Ruskin

I never really pay attention to the weather. Well, I should say the weather channel. I get the weather by going out doors and looking up! That's one thing I didn't get from my mom. She used to watch that silly channel hours at a time. Why, I will never know, but it was one of her quirks and we always teased her for it. She would just laugh it off and go right back to it. It makes me smile to remember....

So all day yesterday and today the "weather guys" were saying that we were going to get a bunch of snow dumped on us this afternoon, and tonight, especially. They say 12-15 inches, which is a hefty amount of snow..in one night! I was like..blah blah blah...I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, um..I'm starting to see it!! I took Bug to his Boy Scout meeting that lasted an hour and a half. My car was clean when we went in, as was the pavement. When we came out, I had at least 2 inches of snow on my car!! Ack!

I tried to take a picture of a tree in my front yard, but with it snowing so hard I took it from in the garage so as not to get my camera wet, so it's not a great pic, but you get the idea...













Note: Click image for larger view :)


I always love the first snowfall of the year, despite the horrible roads and the cold. It's a beautiful sight when your world is covered in a white blanket. You can see it in a million pictures and oohhh and ahhhh and appreciate the image, but until you see it for yourself, in real life, you are missing out on an amazing act of mother nature.

If it continues to snow through the night I will take more pictures and post them. I'm actually kind of excited to see how much we really get, or if it will just taper off. As of right now, it's still coming down quite hard and the kids are really hoping for a snow day tomorrow. They even got a text message that said to wear your pajamas inside out to help the schools to be closed tomorrow. Superstitious or not, they went to bed with inside out p.j.'s... lol.

Much Love!

No comments: