Thursday, December 31, 2009

La Fin

So comes the end of another year. Three hundred and sixty five more days under our belts. Why does it seem that each year that goes by, moves along faster than the last? Time slips away so quickly as of late, it's a bit scary. I remember being a child and not being able to wait until I was older and grown up so I could do whatever I wanted to. Now I can only wish that I could stop time or at least slow it down a bit. Mom was right. She always said don't wish your childhood away. One day you'll wish you hadn't.

Looking back, I have learned a lot of things that I will take with me into the new year. One of the most prevalent is to trust my instincts more. They are usually right and even if they are wrong, you learn from those mistakes. Bad things happen and we make the wrong choices sometimes. Along with that comes the reality that that is how we grow. It's what helps make us who we are and builds on the mold of who we will become. I am also trying to grasp the ability to stop holding onto those dark days. Nothing good becomes of that and after a while, you realize it's a lonely world when you are sad all the time. 2010 will be a much happier year, *that* I am going to count on.

Resolutions are big this time of year. I'm not for them nor am I against them, really. Although it seems that they are made only to be broken. I am not trying to be cynical as I know that there are people out there who actually follow through, it just seems, more often than not, they are broken. I don't establish a resolution per se, but I do make a wish list of the things that I'd like to accomplish. I suppose it's sort of the same thing. It's only a degree of seperation by saying "these are the things I'd like to do" versus "these are the things I am going to do". Less room for that feeling of failure, I suppose.

So with out further babbling (well not much anyway..hee hee), here is the start of my incomplete "wish list" for 2010:
  • Be happier and smile LOTS more :)
  • Spend more time with my kids.
  • Complain less. What good does it do anyway?
  • Finish projects that I begin!!!
  • I have two quilts in the making already that I want to finish in 2010
  • This may be far fetched, however I would love to begin to learn French. It's a beautiful language....
  • I've seen a lot of people take on the "photo a day for 365 days". I'd like to do this. Have a peek at my Flickr along the way. (that sounds a bit dirty...lol)
  • Oh....! Stop starting sentences with "so" or "ok"...stupid bad habit and poor grammar. I see I've done it twice in this post alone... lol
Well that's just a few of the things that have been swimming around in my head for a spell. I'm sure the list will grow. Do me a favour? Keep me in check with these things, will you? ;)

I hope all of you had a great 2009. Thank you for tagging along with me on this journey. I wish you well in the year to come and may it be filled with many happy memories. Just remember to live life to the fullest, love much, and laugh often. Remember to be good to your friends and keep them close, they are a part of your foundation. Most importantly, remember to be happy!

Alright, time to put on my pa-gee-jays and curl up with my hook and yarn and slide in a good movie. Ahhhh...the little things in life that make me smile :)

Before I go, I will leave you with this video. It's not your typical Pearl Jam song, but I love it so.....

Pearl Jam - Just Breathe


Talk to you next year. Ya'll be good now, ya hear? ;)

Much Love!!


No comments: