Saturday, March 21, 2009

Birthday Wishes

It's days like these that you can't help being sad. Days like these that memories flood your mind and you wish things were different but you know there is nothing you can do to change it. I was sitting in the car today when this song played and I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. No matter how hard I tried, they wouldn't stop.



Today would have been my moms birthday, well, it IS her birthday and always will be to me. She would have been 51. So young. I miss her every day, but landmark days are worse than others. I know that I will always miss her and I will always love her and wish things were different, but the only thing I can do on days like today, and every other day, is to remember. Remember her smile, her laugh, her hugs, her gentle nature, her kindness, everything about her. She may be gone, but she will always be with me.

Happy Birthday Mom! I love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love you hun! That was a wonderful way to share your memories of your mom. Thank you! The birthdays are always hard. *big big hugs*