Sunday, March 15, 2009

Flight From Sadness

"A bicycle ride is a flight from sadness." -James E. Starrs

Today was the first day that I have been able to hop back on the saddle, mostly due to frigid weather, partly due to available time. I didn't think that winter would ever end so I could ride again. It kicks my ass every time, but I still missed it, terribly. It's my outlet for many things, aggression being one of them. Pedal harder and faster and you feel better in no time! One thing I regret, though, is not taking a spinning class over the winter. I have to train my ass all over again too...ugh...lol!

I will never be able to understand how you can stand outside and it be perfectly still. It seems as if there is no wind at all, even the trees are still. Yet as soon as I get on my bike, with out fail, the wind starts up with me. I believe the wind has a vendetta against me, well not really of course, but it sure seems that way. Granted, I love the wind for the same reason I hate it. It pushes me...hard! When it's against me I feel every bloody muscle in my body to keep going and not keel over. When it moves with me, I don't use it as an easy way out and coast along. I still push harder and faster, it's just a little bit easier.

I have a lot of work to do to get up to where I was in the fall and to surpass that, but I am excited about it. Thank goodness the warmer weather has finally arrived!


No comments: