Friday, March 6, 2009

A Side Of Blue, Please?

I've been "patiently" waiting for The Watchmen to come to screen and today I finally got to see it. (Yes I know it just came out last night..hee hee. Anyone who knows me, knows I'm not so patient). To be honest, I never followed the comics behind The Watchmen but I remember seeing the trailer during another movie and my interest was peaked. I can say I wasn't disappointed, even though it received some tough reviews after it initial showing. I honestly don't even pay attention to the reviews so much. Sure, I'll look into them and if everybody and their brother hated the movie, I won't waste my money in the theater, but I will watch it. What I like and what the "reviewers" like are two completely different worlds. I like to make my own assessment! Take it for what it's worth, I guess.

So my assessment is that it isn't really a jaw dropping movie, but it was really good. For a movie that is nearly three hours long, it was fast paced enough that the time moved quickly and it was captivating enough that you didn't realize your butt got sore for sitting for so long..heh! I would definitely watch it again, and again, and perhaps once more.

The characters are, shall we say, different. Now Comedian was nothing as I had "imagined" his character to be (remember I hadn't followed the comics). Jeffrey Dean Morgan usually doesn't play that type of role and all I can say is Edward was pretty much a sadistic bastard. Somewhere in there he had a heart, I think. Now Night Owl, he is like the boy next door. Always wanting the girl he can't have. Down to earth and just a plain ole nice guy. Rorschach, he's the guy you want on your side because if you piss him off, your future is pretty much set in the grave. Ozymandias is Mr. Goody Two Shoes. That's all I have to say about that. Silk Spectre II, now she's the HOT girl next door..lol! She has some tough decisions to make, though, and even when bad news came her way, she made the best of it. Saving the best for last, Dr. Manhattan. Let's just say I have no qualms about that man being blue! ;)

My only question that was left unanswered....Which role proves more difficult? A good guy trying to pretend he's bad, or the bad guy trying to pretend he's the good guy? I think its pretty much a dead tie, sadly enough.

Oh, one more thing...if you ever get a chance to have the four legged chicken, I hear its good ;)

***********************************************************

I must share this preview I saw before the movie started! O-M-G! I cannot wait to see this movie! March 27th and I am there!!! It looks like a movie that will make me jump in my seat and potentially scream out loud in the theater..lol! Based off of a true story (HOLY BLOODY HELL!!!) it's called The Haunting In Connecticut. Have a look!! I LOOOOVEEE scary movies!! :) Can't wait! Can't wait!



No comments: