Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Choose...

You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else. — Albert Einstein

Tonight started the top 13 performances for Season 8 of American Idol and I can say that it was fun to watch. I've watched the past 7 seasons and every year the contenders get better and better. Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson (just released another album today, actually), Daughtry and David Cook are my favourites!

Every year, as I watch the painful weeks that lead up to and including Hollywood Week, I pick a few favourites that I think will go far or at least make it to the top 12. Thankfully no windows in my house were harmed in the process thus far...heh!

Danny and Adam were the two that stuck out to me during the weeks of auditions and then again during Hollywood week, and tonight, they were both fantastic. Two completely different styles and vocal sounds. Danny is on the soulful side and no matter what song he chooses, he has that kind of husky raspy voice mixed with his charm and smile, you just can't take your eyes, I mean ears, off of him! Adam just rocks it out every time. He can take any song and change it completely to go with his rhythm and style. He's not afraid to take big risks and he knows what he wants. On top of that, he's damn hot and has the eyes that just make you melt...lol.

With tonights artist of inspiration being Michael Jackson (not my favourite, let me tell you), it was a tough pair of shoes to fill for everyone. It's difficult to take a song from a pronounced artist and make it your own and still stand out with out killing the song itself. Kudos to everyone, especially Danny and Adam. They haven't disappointed me so far and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table in the coming weeks.

No comments: