Monday, November 12, 2007

Happiness Is...

The past eleven days have been some of the saddest days of my life. The sadness in my heart some days has been brutally overwhelming, yet I still keep going. I have to. There are days that I cry so much that my eyes burn by the end of the day, and there are some days that I don't cry at all. That doesn't mean that I don't think about what happened, or that I don't miss my mom, it's just I don't have any tears left sometimes.

I realized yesterday that I have to be more conscious of what I watch on T.V. I love movies, especially comedies and scary tales, but I have always been a sucker for sappy movies, especially the ones that made me cry. Which, normally, is no big deal. Yesterday I was flipping channels and found Stepmom. There really wasn't anything on so I left it there but by the end of that movie I found myself sobbing again, not because of the movie, but because it reminded me of my mom. The faucets ran for a while after that. So lesson learned, no sad movies for me for a bit.

Anyway, I didn't come here to write about more sadness. I came here to write about happiness. I am stopping to think about all the things that made me happy today, instead of all the things that made me sad. We so often dwell on the things that are wrong in our life, that we really need to sit back and appreciate the good things in our lives too. So, be it as it may, here are ten of the things that made me happy today (in no particular order) :

1. The Packers beat the Vikings today 34 -0!! Yes a big FAT zero!! The Vikings have not had a shut out game since 1991 and it was our pleasure to bring that upon them once again!!

2. Even though my little one was sick today, I asked him to go choose a movie that we could watch together. We sat on the couch and cuddled for almost two hours watching Sky High. The movie is questionable, but cuddling with my son was priceless.

3. I worked on my quilt(s) today. It has been sometime so I pulled it all out again and finished 4 blocks. This particular quilt I am working on is actually two quilts, one in light colors and one in dark colors. Its the same pattern, but I was making one for me, and one for my mom. It was going to be done by her birthday in March. This quilt for my mom will still be completed and I believe I will give it to my dad for him to enjoy, on my moms birthday. This made me happy because I knew I was still doing something for my mom that I KNOW she would have loved.

4. I made home made chili tonight, with croissant rolls spread with garlic. Yum. Such a simple pleasure, but it sure warms your blood on a cold day.

5. I went to Wal-Mart and the cashier actually said hello to me and smiled. We even chatted a bit. Let me tell you what a rare occasion that is these days. It was a pleasant surprise.

6. Amazing Race was on tonight. I love that show. It would be the ONLY reality show I would actually participate in. Oh, to see the world...even if in a race!

7. I got ALL my laundry done. Giggles. What a relief!

8. The Lions lost today. This is great for the Packers who are 8 and 1, because the Lions today went 6 and 3. I get to rub that into my dad who is a true Lion fan. Yes, it's ok if you feel sorry for him for that *wink*!! Unfortunately the Bears won, but they are only 4 and 5, so they are STILL behind..which makes me happy!! Woot!!

9. I got to eat Ben and Jerry's Peanut Butter Cup Ice cream...mmmm! I was naughty!

10. My Little Twin always makes me smile. Even in hard times in my life, and even in hers, she always can bring a smile to my face. I am eternally great full for knowing her!! She is the one person in my world that no matter what happens, can always make me happy!

Well, there you have it. Ten things that may be simple to some, but HUGE for me. These are just a few of the things that made me happy today.

I challenge all of you to write a similar post. You will feel great afterwards and find a smile on your face. One can never smile too much!

Until we meet again....**blowing kisses**

No comments: