Monday, November 26, 2007

Lazy

Going back to work after a holiday is never fun. A nice long weekend is always great but going back is the most dreaded. Today wasn't quite so bad for me because I knew that I had the rest of the week off and was going to be on a plane to nice, wonderful, warm Arizona tomorrow. Despite the fact that I was an hour late to work because I put my lazy behind back to bed this morning, today was a pretty good day.

So lunchtime rolls around, right? I'm starvig because I hadn't eaten anything all day (because I was late I didn't have time to grab anything) and its just after 1 p.m. I run (ok, no I drove..giggles..) through the drive thru of the nearest trusty McDonalds to satisfy the craving for a Big Mac. I get to the window to get my food and they ask me to "pull up" as it will be a few minutes. OK. No problem. I pull up and park, turn up the radio and wait. I happen to glance over at a few guys getting into their car (no that is not why I was looking..sheesh..). Next thing I know, the driver takes his bag and what I would assume to be an old drink and set it on the ground beside him. Dude!! There is a trash can right in front of your car!! So this really pisses me off because he was just too lazy to get back out of his car to throw it away and thought it better to litter up the parking lot and Mother Earth. Grrrrr...

So because this bothered me so much, I got OUT of my car (still waiting for my food), walked up to the car, knocked on their window, picked up the trash and proceeded to throw it away. The guy rolls down his window and just stares. I brush my hands together as I walk back by and say, "See how easy that was?" All he could muster was, "Umm, thanks.". I think he was a bit embarrassed. Damn straight he should be!!
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't usually go and make a habit of doing things like that with all the crazies out there, but that was just plain stupid and lazy. Is it really that difficult to throw something away to help preserve what little left we have of a healthy environment? Some people this day and age just don't care.

So lets all do our part and throw away our own trash? Thanks =)

No comments: