Monday, November 12, 2007

One step at a time...

Everyday at work there is a woman in our office that sends out a daily motivation, if you choose to be on the mailing list. To be quite honest, I've been on this mailing list for over 5 years now and I barely ever read these. I just don't have the time. I get to work in the morning, open up my email, which is flooded, even though I cleaned it out the night before I left work, just to repeat the process. So usually what happens is that it gets lost in the shuffle of the "important" emails and just gets deleted. I know I shouldn't delete them, because the whole purpose for them to be sent out is to offer motivation, right? So, today I decided to read it. Who knows why because I had just been out for 6 days so my email box was over the top. Its funny though, I had six of them in my in bin but I only read todays. I am so glad I did because it really hit home and I wanted to share it with you.

"What it takes to persist...

You already have what it takes to persist. For persistence is nothing more than continuing to do what you've been doing.

Persistence makes the difference between no achievement and great achievement. And persistence is available to all who choose it.

The enemy of persistence is that little voice you hear in your head that urges you to give up. When you hear that voice, remember that you don't have to do what it says, and you don't have to fight it either.

Just listen to that voice, allow it to have its say, and then calmly let it go. Keep on going and you'll quickly be beyond it.

Remember often, with great detail and passion, why you've chosen to do what you're doing. Keep your focus on the goal, and know that by continuing to progress on your journey, one step at a time, you'll get there.

Persistence isn't complicated, and it doesn't require you to uncover some deep, dark, closely guarded secret. You have what it takes if you'll simply choose to do what it takes and persist until the job is done." -- Ralph Marston

My favorite line in all of that, is the part about taking one step at a time and you'll get there. So often we look at the world surrounding us as a complex obstacle course, which in a lot of instances it is. However, if we use this little bit of advice and just take everything one step at a time, we can conquer anything that we put our minds to.

So I leave you with these words to ponder and mull over. Just remember, the next time you have something that you have to accomplish, no matter how large or small, just take one step at a time and you WILL get there.

Until next time.. **blowing kisses**

No comments: