Thursday, August 21, 2008

And so it begins...

Today was the first day of school for my kids. My daughter, in 5th grade, was pretty excited to be going back. She missed her friends that she hadn't seen in a while and she, for the most part, enjoys school. My son, on the other hand, well, not so much. I asked him if he was excited about going back to school, and he said, "Yeah, for recess and PE!". I tried not to laugh because I want him to realize the importance of school but that was just too cute. Only in second grade and it already is starting with him. He is a smart kid, but he gets bored fast, which is part of the reason he doesn't like school. I can only imagine what it will be like as the years go on.

They had a really good first day, with the exception of a busing mis-hap at the end of they day. They tried to put my kids on the wrong bus. Thankfully my daughter is very attentive and approached the bus driver telling him she didn't think that she was put on the right bus because no one that she lived by, was on that bus. She was right. They put her on the wrong bus. Once they figured out what bus she was supposed to be on, she was very responsible and went and got her brother as well, and found their way to the correct bus. I'm very proud that she didn't leave her brother on the wrong bus...lol. They fight too much, but when it comes down to it, she looks after him.

With that said, I thought I would share this cute little video of a mom singing to the Willliam Tell Overture. Everything you say in a day to your child/children in under three minutes. Have a listen...



~~Ciao~~

No comments: