Saturday, August 16, 2008

Turtle Power!!

Try to be like the turtle. At ease in your own shell. ~~Bill Copeland

I love turtles! I've slowly been collecting them over the past year or so and I still cannot seem to get enough of them. Although, they are not always very easy to find.

It started when I took my kids to a place called Paint N Fun. You pick out a ceramic piece and paint it as you wish. I had chosen a turtle because he was cute and I was hooked. I now have three painted turtles and continue to look for other turtle "paraphernalia".


I was doing a search on turtles one day and found a profound saying. It kind of stayed with me. I wish I would have written down the source to give proper credit, but I fear I did not. However, I wanted to share it just the same.

The turtle's whole life is one of steadfastness of effort and patience. Slow and steady: A life of 'non-doing'. There is a saying "home is where the heart is". The turtle is always at home within itself.

Definitely something I need to work on every day, steadfastness of effort and patience, as well as being at home with myself. That is one of my toughest struggles, one bump in the road I just cannot seem to get over. Maybe my turtles will help me. =)

Of course, now I have to share some turtle pictures....you don't run across many of these either. I guess the poor turtles aren't very popular but they rate high in my book!!

cat
more cat pictures

Funny Pictures
more cat pictures

Humorous Pictures
more cat pictures

funny pictures
more cat pictures

funny pictures
more cat pictures

No comments: