Friday, August 1, 2008

Laugh First

"Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can." -- Elsa Maxwell

I can't believe I am even going to share this because I feel really stupid about it, but it makes me laugh even as I write this. I hope it will at least help you to smile!

Every Friday I go out to lunch with the girls but due to other priorities, lately it has just been me and K. So today she wanted to go to Long John Silvers. We get there and have our chit chat and our laughs and all of a sudden I look at my black berry and realize we lost track of time. We hustle out of there in fear of being late.

Now mind you, the parking lot is in a shopping center so the bottom drive way you can only turn right so I had to go further to get to the upper drive so I could turn left, all the while worrying about being late. I stop at the top of the drive, wait for cars to go and an opening to turn left. Once I see I can go, I make the left turn.

All of a sudden K starts laughing so hard, and I'm like, "What!?". She looks at me like I had a third eye and said, "Didn't want to wait for the light to turn green, huh?".

I smacked my forehead and started laughing too. I hadn't even paid attention that it was a light there. I was worried about being late! We were laughing so hard I almost had to pull over because I couldn't see through the tears in my eyes!

Needless to say, when we got back to work, safely parked, she said, "Next time. I drive!" *laughing* I replied, "Hey, I looked for cars first! Your life wasn't in any danger!!". She just shook her head and laughed!

If you didn't get a laugh out of that, maybe you will with this cute little kitty kat...*giggles*

No comments: