Sunday, August 24, 2008

The End...

And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.
~~Abraham Lincoln~~

2008 Olympics ~ Beijing, China ~ August 8th to August 24th

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching the Olympics this year. From the Opening Ceremonies with the drums and the synchronized performances to the Closing Ceremonies which portrayed the same brilliance.

In past years I have never really watched much of the Olympics. Some, yes, but this year I watched every night, getting caught up in it, no matter the event.

My favorites were watching Michael Phelps breaking world record after world record, and winning each of his 8 gold medals. He not only broke world records, but broke the record for the most gold medals won in an Olympic Year. He is an amazing athlete and to think that his mom only got him into swimming to give him an outlet for his ADHD diagnosis. Below is the photo taken when he won the 100m Butterfly by one tenth of a second! Wow!


Another event that always has my interest, is gymnastics. Whether it be men's or women's, I think it is fascinating. Watching Shawn Johnson and Nastia Liukin winning gold medals and the emotions that flowed through those young girls, its an image t
hat will not soon be forgotten. The photo below shows Shawn winning the Gold for the Individual Balance Beam and Nastia receiving Silver.


Now, I can't wait till London 1012 and quite possibly, Chicago 2016. I have high hopes that the games will come to Chicago so I can personally attend!

No comments: