Monday, November 2, 2009

Jump Around. You'll Feel Better!

I need another project like I need a hole in my head, but a few weeks ago I signed up for something that is a bit out of my comfort zone. (Did I just say "a bit"? Oh my, much more than that, I fret). I guess that's part of the reason I'm doing it. I need to be able to step out of my comfort zone to grow, right? Right. Just agree with me here. It will make me feel better :) I mean, I tortured myself enough by sitting here deciding if I was going to do it or not for about an hour before I actually hit "enter" and then I cursed myself for doing it because I have too many things going on already! Sheesh! (You think I had a full on conversation with myself don't you? I plead the 5th here =P). I'm still a bit leery about it but I'm going to give it a go anyway and see how it comes along.

You're probably wondering what on earth I am talking about, huh? Well, you'll see as I move along with it. Probably slowly. Probably slower than a turtle. A Turtle Quilter™....HA! Now that describes me to a T! I need to trademark that! (oh lookies..I did it..lol)

Well, now you know it has something to do with quilting so here's a sneak peak of what I've started already. :) I drafted this yesterday after running to the store twice, because I purchased the wrong size compass the first time. Doh!

Joseph's Coat Drafted Pattern

Now, as I was thinking about this pattern and the length of time this will take me to complete, this song just so happened to come on the radio. Mind you, this is not the typical style of music I like but I do like this song. Mainly because even if you're in a "mood" it makes you want to get up and "jump around"! It makes you feel so much better when you do! Try it. Go on! Try it =P

Anywho, I thought it ironic that it came on at that moment because of all the "screaming" in the song. I only hope as I move along in this feat, I'm not screaming too much. Then again, I can always get up and jump around..hee hee :)



Much Love,
Turtle Quilter™

No comments: