Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day '08

I hesitate in even thinking of writing a post about today and the events taking place but here goes nothing.....

I hate presidential election years. I just get so irritated and frustrated with everything that goes on. Don't get me wrong, this "event" is very important and I am in no way trying to say it's not, I just get tired of all the crap that goes along with it. I get tired of feeling like I have to remain "in the closet" about my political choices because no matter where you go or who you talk to, you feel like you are gonna get ripped up one side and down the other because people do not agree with you. Yes, everyone has a right to their opinion but does it have to be so brutal?

You have, in this case, two men who feel that they are up to the job of running the country. Wow. I mean, really, how many people feel that they are up for that? Apparently not many, out of millions and millions of people. Yet those that feel they are up for the duty, put themselves out there along with their family. They get slandered and berated and drug through the mud because they want to help make a difference in this country. It's depressing to watch as the election moves along, the things that are dug up about each man. That "we the people" think that is what we have to do to get ahead in this world, to get what we want, to get the man who we feel is best, a spot in the Oval Office. It's nauseating, actually.

We have two men. Each of whom have their good and their bad. No matter who gets the presidency, there are going to be mistakes made and poor decisions, along with many, many good ones. Even the man you want to "win" who gets in office will make decisions that you don't agree with. Even the man you don't want to be in office that obtains the title, will make important decisions that you agree with.

It's part of life, of the ebb and flow of things. It's just so frustrating that it has to be so bloody.

So that's my take on it. My selection will remain a secret. Best of luck to whom ever becomes our next President. If you don't like it, maybe next time YOU should run for President :)

No comments: