Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight

"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb." ~ Edward to Bella - Twilight

I took the kids to see Twilight tonight and I must say it was pretty good! It wasn't jaw dropping, hold your breath kind of good, but just the same, good. A lot of reviewers said it is a chick flick, and I would agree. It's not your typical vampire movie. Myself, I would have preferred more of a scary twist than a romantic twist, for this kind of movie, anyways. I heard "vampire movie" and was expecting scary, bloody, gory parts. Not saying that there wasn't any of that at all, just I preferred more.

I did enjoy the romantic story line. A couple that were never meant to be together, fell in love. She loved him for everything he was, even though she shouldn't have. She looked past his faults and wrong doings and loved him for all that he was, unconditionally. He tried to do the right thing and push her away knowing that they could never really be together, but she pushed and was determined in love not to lose him because of what others thought couldn't be.

I don't want to say too much more as you should see it for yourself, but it's a movie that I would watch again and I think that it will be the next book I read. The books are almost always better than the movie.

One of my favorite songs played in this movie....Linkin Park - Leave Out All The Rest


No comments: