Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Lost Art

I remember back when I was in school how letter writing was an everyday task for me and my friends. We would pass notes all day long and then go home, do our homework and then write more letters. So, I've been out of school for quite some time now and times have changed, dramatically. I wonder if letter writing even exists in the current generation, with email and text messaging. I'm just as guilty. It's so much easier to just turn on the computer and bring up the email account and type a letter. Lord knows I can type a hundred times faster than I can write, and you can "read" my emails. My writing, well, its legible as long as I don't write fast.

So, tomorrow I will sit down and actually hand write a letter. I'm going to use a pretty colored pen and I'm going to enjoy it!! :) I'm also going to sit my daughter down with me to write one as well. I think it's an exercise that we should all practice once in a while and perhaps bring back the lost art of letter writing, by hand!

If you really want to touch someone, send them a letter!

No comments: