Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Precious Moments

Sometimes we go about our day and we don't always notice things that we should. We miss out in the hustle and bustle of daily work and life. So when we stop and take the time, good things can happen.

I went to a meeting in town tonight and I took the kids with me. They were bored of course and was to be expected. My son is constantly on the move. The kid can't sit still to save his life... LOL. He wanted to sit on my lap through the meeting so being it was an informal meeting, it was ok. Of course, he couldn't sit still so I said to him, "Sit still you little monkey butt!" He just laughed and wiggled more. When the meeting was finally over, we were walking out to the car and I kept calling him my little monkey butt and tickling him.

Then all of a sudden he stopped and said, "Mom? Will you call me Bug, because I like that best?". {{{heart squeeze}}}

I have been calling him Bug since the day he was born, nearly 8 years ago. I always thought it was cute because as he got older, if anyone called him anything but Andrew, he sternly corrected them. I was the only one who got away with calling him something different. To this day, its still the same.

Yes, my little Bug is a mama's boy :) {{beams}}! I see so many boys his age doing the "ew mommy" thing and treating their parents like they have the plague or something. Not my little guy. I still get tons of hugs and kisses and he tells me he loves me and he doesnt't care who hears it. There was even a time I was mad at him (for what, I cannot recall) but he said to me, "Mom, even though you get mad at me sometimes, I still love you!". {{{heart squeeze}}} I mean, how sweet is that? Of course, his plan worked and I wasn't mad at him anymore. I mean, how could I be.. LOL!

I hope my little man never grows out of his love for his mommy (or as he calls me, his "cutiest love bug"... LOL)

I love you Bug!!

No comments: