Saturday, May 9, 2009

What Do Stars Do?

After my unexpected 4 hour nap (apparently I was tired) last night, I was flipping channels and landed on Stardust. I've seen the movie before and enjoyed it so it was a pleasant surprise to see it on again, even though I had missed the first half of it. It's a touching love story that has humor and fantasy wrapped up with it, based off of the book written by Neil Gaiman. I have yet to actually read this book but it is on my list, which keeps getting longer and longer.

One of my favourite scenes in the movie is where Tristan gets turned into a mouse and Yvaine thinks that he cannot understand her. She tells him that she loves him. Not just a simple , sweet "I love you" but a deep down, from the heart, expression of love. I guess sometimes we think it's easier to say the things we are afraid to say when we think that person is not listening. Sometimes, though, when we can gather enough courage to say what we want to, it turns out better than we thought. In this case, Tristan really did understand her and later told her that he loved her too. {{smiles}}

"My heart, it feels like my chest can barely contain it. Like it doesn't belong to me anymore. It belongs to you, and if you wanted it, I wish for nothing in exchange....nothing, but knowing you love me too. Just your heart, in exchange for mine..."



Of course, this is the song that plays at the end. It was specifically written for Stardust, and a perfect song at that!

Rule The World by Take That



No comments: