Friday, May 15, 2009

Toad-ally Cool

I was on my way home from work tonight and I was thinking about what I would blog tonight and coming up empty handed. Then I pulled in the drive way....

My son comes running up to me with the neighbor girl (Erin) saying "Mom! Mom! Look!! We found toads!" You can't help but smile when you see the light in their eyes at their discovery. They were laughing and giggling and even squealing when it tried to jump out of their hands. I was laughing right along with them.

I snapped a few shots of them and then asked them where they found it. They led me to the window well on the side of the house where they started digging for more through the leaves that had found their way there in the fall. They pulled out one more, then another, and another, and yet another until they had I think 10 of them... LOL. So Bug, Erin, and Kyle (another neighbor kid) were having a good ole time with these toads. Erin (I think she is 5 now) is so cute because she isn't afraid of anything. She wanted to go hunting for spiders! **shudders** At one time she held 4 or 5 toads in her wee little hands and just carried them around all proud!

Keep scrolling for some photos :)

The Three Musketeers - Erin, Bug, and Kyle all holding their toads
Photobucket

Say Cheese Mr. Toad
Photobucket

Umm...alot of toads...hee hee
Photobucket

Erin and a handful of toads
Photobucket

Erin and the largest toad...ew ew ew..lol
Photobucket

This is Bug "freaking out" while the toad hopped up his arm...lol
Photobucket

I had to capture this shot because just before this photo, the toad jumped out of Bugs hands and fell backside down on the pavement...ouch! Bug felt so bad. He gently picked him up and carefully examined him to be sure he was ok. He kept saying, "are you ok toady? are you ok? ok, mom. He's breathing now!" I told Bug that he probably had a headache now and we should put him back.
Photobucket

So thanks to boys being boys (and girls too), I had me a blog post tonight. Yay!!

No comments: